Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Smitten mittens...

Alright. Quick break from the photo-a-day stuff:

Over at Bolsa Chica, Monica is posting some super cute Valentine's Day ideas. I was looking them over tonight, and came across this amaaazingly adorable idea that she mentioned: mittens made for holding hands. Here's a picture, courtesy of CocoKnits:



Super-cute, right?!

So I mention this amazing idea to my husband and brother, who both just happened to be in the room at the time.

Their reaction? They burst out laughing.

Luke: "Any guy who wears that thing with his girlfriend is a TOOLBOX."

Marty: "Yeah. Total TOOL."

Luke: "Look at that picture. The guy's not laughing. He's crying!!!"



So apparently, if I knit this mitten and force my husband to wear it, I'm completely disgracing his manhood.

Who knew?

4 comments:

georgia b. said...

LOVE these!

Erin_Speziale said...

IIIIIIIIIIII WANT ONE SO BAD! ... to wear with myself... haha. Oh those silly boys, they don't know anything about smitten mittens do they? Thank you for posting this! I had totally forgotten what they were called!

Monica Gee said...

Isn't it so random? My hubby didn't think it was a good idea either. But really, holding hands when you both have gloves on is just a little weird.

Sherah said...

I think we can conclude that boys just don't know what they're talking about.

(Erin, I'll knit that mitten, and wear it with YOU!! :D)