Sunday, February 22, 2009

Photo #22

He's owned it for five years.

But just today, I learned how to drive my husband's stick shift car:

It went well (or at least, better than the first time I tried to learn...). We drove around a parking lot in circles, jerking haphazardly whenever I let the clutch out too fast.

Slowly, I got the hang of it.

I haven't gone in reverse, or tried starting up on a hill, or even got the car moving inside of twenty seconds yet.

But if we ever drive his car out to the middle of nowhere, and he breaks his leg into a million pieces, I can now get us to the hospital without having to ditch the car and drag him there on foot.

Mission accomplished :)

3 comments:

Erin_Speziale said...

YAAAAAAAAY! SHERAH! I'm so proud of you!!!! :) Man, whenever I'm going to be driving in the middle of nowhere in a stick shift car... I'm bringing you. : )

Monica Gee said...

Aw, this makes me miss my stick! I love driving stick it is so much fun when you get the hang of it. Congrats on the accomplishment!

Rochelle said...

Congrats girl!! I attempted to learn stick a long time ago, but was relatively pathetic at it. I jerked it around a lot and never could go much more than 40 mph. When Tim got a new car recently, I begged and pleaded that it not be a stick-shift! Whew, I succeeded!! :) Glad you can help now if Marty ever breaks his leg. ;)