Monday, November 23, 2009

{up north}

A few quick snapshots from a perfectly lovely weekend in Minnesota:

A heavenly candy shop in downtown Stillwater, MN... lots of chocolate, jelly beans, fudge, and taffy. Yum.

{my sister bought dark chocolate-dipped Oreos. holy cow. SO GOOD.}

A friendly little bookstore down the street... where I could have literally spent the entire day {and my entire bank account}.




My favorite part of the trip was getting to see my sister's everyday life. Now, when I call her, I can see her and her husband sitting on the couch in their comfy living room, or pouring coffee from a french press, or making the world's best bagel sandwiches... :)




{sunset over Minneapolis. who said Minnesota wasn't beautiful?}

While I was browsing through bookstores and sipping lattes, Marty stayed behind to--you guessed it--work on our house. All weekend, he texted me pictures of freshly-drywalled ceilings and doorways. mmm, progress. He's working so, so hard to get the house done before baby decides to make an appearance. Only nine weeks to go... yikes ;)

{i'm married to the most amazing man in the world.}

Hope you had a fantastic weekend :) Next up: a short work-week, and Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Rochelle said...

awww :) so glad you had a great time!