Friday, November 13, 2009

lately


Marty's been working hard, trying to get our house done before baby G makes his appearance, and most nights, he's gone until after midnight. The weekends are precious, because it means I get to see him for more than 30 minutes a day. Sometimes I cry on Sunday nights, because I already know the week ahead is going to be tough.

God has been working on my heart, though. I'm learning about the importance of being content with where you're at, instead of aching to be somewhere you're not. I'm learning to look at what is good, right, and true, instead of focusing on the negatives. I'm also learning to treasure little moments, instead of taking them for granted.

So when my little brother gives me a hug, I squeeze him extra hard. When my dad starts asking about my day or talking crazy politics just when I sat down to write an e-mail, I turn and give him my attention, instead of being annoyed at the interruption. When the pretty November sun is setting outside my office window, I watch it for just a few seconds longer, instead of turning back to my computer screen.

And in the mornings, right before I roll out of bed, I soak in the sunshine coming through the window, and quietly thank God for the hard-working man, sleeping soundly next to me.

1 comment:

Rochelle said...

awwww :) what a sweet post! i love your positive attitude and i need some of that to rub off on me!! :)