Friday, May 22, 2009

The proverbial light at the end of the tunnel...

Hello bloggy friends :)

Can I be honest with you? This week has been rather miserable. We may have discovered something in our house-to-be that would render it, well, not our house-to-be. A deal-breaker, if you will. Plus, I've been sick, sick, sick, and it hasn't been pretty. My brain keeps telling the rest of myself, "Hellooo! Anybody home?! You should be exercising and grocery shopping and finishing your to-do lists and such!" And then, I have to patiently sit down, and say to my brain, "Mrs. Brain, thank you for your input, but the rest of me is a bit run down right now. Your patience is appreciated. Now, be quiet."

So, you may ask, why are my coffee beans smiling at you?

...Because they know that tonight, we leave for a week-long Florida vacation! Marty and I are making the 18+ hour drive down to the Sunshine State, and I can't wait to show you all the photos I plan on taking of our pretty (and pretty quirky) country as we drive through it!

While I'm away, I've got a few small posts lined up... And when I get back, I've got a rockin' senior shoot to share with you, and of course, the pictures from our trip.

So, have a superb, work-free Memorial Day weekend :) Eat lots of summery-food, and enjoy the sunshine!

**Just realized that, in this one post, I've assigned intelligent thought to coffee beans and given my brain a mind of its own. {Well, even though it has one already...?} Ach. I'm not sure that one week of vacation is going to do the trick.**

2 comments:

Rochelle said...

you are such a riot. enjoy your vaca, get lots of rest, soak in the sun, cannot wait to see all your pics, and feel better soon!! :)

p.s. your conversations with your brain are hilarious! ;)

georgia b. said...

i love this photo. and i love your writing ability! i hope things ease up for you soon. i'm sorry about your house. :(

have a great memorial day! i hope you get rested and recharged.

hugs.
g.