Thursday, May 14, 2009

Bad day? I think not.

I thought I was having a bad day today.

I dragged myself out of bed, after a restless night of sleep.
I woke up late, so I was grumpy and rushed.
I stood in front of my closet, complaining, griping, and being generally unpleasant.
I grabbed a banana from my husband's outstretched hand and raced out the door.
A rock lodged itself in my sandal, making my walk to work completely unpleasant (never mind the chirping birds and golden sunshine).

This morning, I was particularly rotten.

And then, somehow, on a break at work, I found my way here.

As I formatted documents and shuffled through papers at my desk, I listened to Rachel Barkey talk about what it's like to know that you probably have less than 150 days to live.

And suddenly, I felt very, very foolish.

And very, very grateful.

Life is too short for me, or you, to be distracted by self-absorption or the morning grumpies...

If you have a few spare moments, click here to see Rachel's video. Watch it. Be challenged.

No comments: