Friday, September 5, 2008

Share the Love #1

I recently attended David Jay's Free to Succeed Tour when it stopped in Chicago. I learned SO much in that four-hour seminar, and I met some amazing photographers... but one of the key things I took away from that night is the importance of photographers helping each other. True success comes from sharing what you know with others, as well as admitting that you still have a lot to learn, too!

As a result, from here on out, Fridays at my blog will be devoted to photographers and photography: tricks of the trade I've learned, admiration of the work of fellow photographers, and links to helpful sites. Maybe it'll be old news to some people, and really helpful for others. Whatever the case, I'm convinced that it's important to share what you've got, so I'll give it a try!

My first tip, ever: check out the Digital Photography School blog. Old pros and puppies alike can benefit from this awesome site. [Uh, yes. "Puppies" refers to baby photographers. I prefer that term, instead of "newbie," "inexperienced," or even "business-stealers"... everyone starts somewhere :) ] Whenever I've got a question about my gear or how to nail a specific shot, I try Google first, and 9 times out of 10, DPS shows up in my search results. Looking for a general category like how to break into the wedding industry? Need specific info, like what's the difference between a full-frame vs. a cropped sensor? DPS has you covered, so check it out!

No comments: