Monday, January 26, 2009

Bogart, Bergman, and weekend recap

This weekend, Marty and I sat next to the fireplace, bowls of cookie dough ice cream in hand, and watched Casablanca. Have you seen it? If not, please do! I was pleasantly surprised, particularly because it was nothing like I thought it would be. (For starters... it takes place in Africa? Who knew?!)

If you haven't guessed yet, I'm on an old-movie kick. Next up? Since we like to alternate between my preferred film genre versus Marty's (i.e., gushy-mushy vs. bombs-explosions-severed-limbs-etc.etc.etc.), maybe The Bridge on the River Kwai... Do you have any suggestions for good movies from the 40's and 50's? I'd love to hear them!

I've got a massive to-do list this week. Lots of plans are in the works right now, from both a business and personal standpoint. Since we're back to single-digit temps this week, it's a good time to hole up in our tiny abode and plan, plan, plan for when the good weather hits... it's also a good time for ice cream and vintage movies ;)

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Monica Gee said...

Oh man, you are talking to the right gal. I could give you a list a mile long of movies to see. I love old movies, and Casablanca is my number 1 favorite! We'll have to chat about this sometime!