Monday, August 29, 2011

a bit of the weekend, in pictures

Saturday night:
I'm always amazed at how we rarely venture into Chicago.
{It's right there! It's so close! It's so cool!}
But,
we paid $25
to park our car,
all because I really, really wanted to see the lake.
And then I remember
that I'd much rather spend $25 on anything in the following {non-exhaustive} list:
iTunes music
ice cream
shoes
a haircut
books
a birthday present
mascara that doesn't make my eyes burn
multiple giant watermelons

And so, if you have any secrets to parking in the city
{besides taking public transportation, 
or parking reallyreallyreallyreally far and walking to where you want to go},
I'm all ears :)

Sunday morning:
A bunch of churches in our town coordinated an outdoor worship service
in the center of the downtown area.
There were hundreds of people,
praising Jesus, praying, and taking communion together.
It was beautiful :)

Here's Charlie after the service, with his beloved Auntie Ali and Uncle "Ed-wart."
Have I mentioned that he acts a bit worried, most of the time?
{I have no idea where he gets it from.
Probably his dad...}

Happy Monday :)

2 comments:

Rochelle said...

Wow, I love your pics of Chicago, they are totally gorgeous!!!

If you haven't had a chance yet, check out the pics on Monica's blog from Parker's party on Saturday. Such a fun time, and it was so great seeing you guys!!

We are the same way about getting into Chicago, thou we don't mind the public transportation thing. I also love driving in there, but the parking thing can be nasty especially with Navy Pier. If you park near Lincoln Park or Moody church it can be cheaper but you're still stuck walking really far. Nothing is really all that good for NP except just dealing with the $25 fee and swallowing hard. At least it's not $50. ;) But I certainly agree there are many better things to spend it all on! I have an aunt in the city so I admit to being spoiled with being able to park at her house or Moody church where she works, and then using public transit from there.

That's cool about that worship service, I love it!! And what a cute pic with Ali and Edward. They are so sweet!

I have to admit one of the most special moments for me on Saturday was Charlie warming up to me and sharing food with me!!!! :) I can tell he's getting used to seeing my face a bit more, I can't even begin to describe how happy that makes me. Love him, love you guys! Can't wait to see you again, hope it's soon! Labor Day wkd BBQ at Gees?!?!

georgia b. said...

chicago's the best!

LOVE LOVE LOVE shots #2 and #4!!