Friday, January 22, 2010

just the 2 (+1) of us

Tonight, Marty cooked me dinner. I laid on the couch, flipping through a book and half-listening to him shuffle around in the kitchen. We toasted to the past nine months, and talked about future decisions still to be made (you know--minor details, like, "Um, honey, what exactly are we gonna name our child?"). We munched on tortillas, and smiled goofy smiles. It wasn't anything spectacular; just two people, eating dinner in a tiny house, chatting about baby names, and private healthcare, and Joshua Bell's snazzy violin concerto, playing in the background.

Within a week or two, we're going to be adding another member to our family. And while I can't even begin to tell you how stinkin' excited I am to meet our little guy... I'm treasuring these last moments with Mr. G, my best friend in the whole wide world {who just happens to make a mean guacamole}.

3 comments:

Sarah S. said...

So super sweet, I just love you guys!

Allie C said...

ok stop being so cute, you're gonna make me cry! haha xoxo

Rochelle said...

awwwww :) u guys r the best!! how sweet and special that you got to do that!