Tuesday, July 20, 2010

the TO-DO list.

Just because we finally moved into our house doesn't mean we're finished with it. Our to-do list is about a mile long, and growing by the minute. Literally...

For example: This is a picture of the backyard. Although it's not the clearest... note the absence of grass, and the presence of weeds. I foresee a near future filled with shovels and rototillers...

{also pictured are two former co-workers, digging up a few plants for their own gardens. Jill and Kathy tell me that an avid gardener used to live here, but someone let the yard go downhill, and weeds took over quickly.}

I'll continue to document our home-improvement progress on this little blog. You can laugh along with us {or just be relieved that you haven't bought a fixer-upper, too}.

:)

3 comments:

Diane P said...

No-I've done the fixer-upper thing too. Not funny at all... (and I have a great sense of humor). But it does finish and end eventually and the main rooms are done. (even though - you can put off a basement, extra bathroom, garage, deck, landscape improvements, driveway, etc. etc.) At least the main house (the shelter) is done. That's a proud moment!!!! Congratulations!

Rochelle said...

I'm so glad Kathy & Jill were able to help you out and you helped them out with getting more plants for themselves too! What a trade!! :) I love getting whatever updates you send our way, so thanks for sharing! Miss you!

Anna said...

Yeah! Next time I'm in Chicago I call rototiller! :)