Tuesday, December 21, 2010

home sweet home

I've been doing a lot of reflecting lately. Thoughts like this have been running through my mind:

"At this time last year, I was as big as a whale and painted our entire house."
"At this time last year, I didn't know where I packed those darn Christmas stockings."
"At this time last year, I was working at a desk, in an office, at an actual company."
"At this time last year, I could sleep in on the weekends."
"At this time last year..."

There's lots of good found in looking back, remembering how things were and how things have changed. (i.e., "Still can't find those darn Christmas stockings, but at least I have a fireplace to hang them on, if I did know where they were...")

There's also lots of value in looking to the future. Looking forward. Hope.

And finally, there's the here and now. The moment-by-moment blessings that I take for granted all the time.

Hugs.
Phone calls.
Baby drool.
Gifts.
Music.
Clean water.
Colors.
Sight.
Coffee {and someone to drink it with}.

***

Not sure what any of that has to do with anything. I'm a bit rusty at this whole blogging thing, but here I go again... it's my week of a vacation of sorts, and I'm planning on doing a whole bunch of things that sometimes get pushed off to the side for practicality's sake.

Chicagoland {and lots of other places} got a bunch of snow last night. I've been so busy, I've barely pulled my camera out of its little drawer to take pictures. So last night, I took pictures.

Happy vacation to me. And merry Christmas to you :)


No comments: