Wednesday, May 12, 2010

: Chris and Katie :

Tonight, it took us an hour to get Charlie to sleep. That baby was a serious ball of overstimulated, overtired, over-everything nerves. After lots of tears, rocking, and baby puke all over my shirt, our little man is finally in bed. Finally.

I needed a bit of escape before my own bedtime... an escape back to clinking glasses, a glowing bride, and lots of happy little kiddos running everywhere. Why? Because tinkling crystal and beautiful dresses remind me that this baby-spit-up-stage doesn't last forever... and because watching little kids toddling everywhere reminds me that, all too soon, my own little guy will be toddling right along with them, and I'll be missing the days when he'd cuddle in my arms as I rocked, and rocked, and rocked...

...sans baby puke, of course.

***

Here are photos that I should have posted forever ago! They were all taken by my studly second shooter {didn't he do a fabulous job?!}. Katie and Chris had a beautiful wedding reception, and wow, take a look at that last picture--how cute are those kids?!






2 comments:

Chick Hatchers said...

The detail on that cake is exquisite! Great pictures and such a beautiful family.

Sorry your little man had such a rough evening. It is very hard being a new mom and they are so precious when they sleep that it out weighs the difficulty. (I don't know how moms with babies who don't sleep do it!)

Rochelle said...

Sorry to hear he had such a rough time falling asleep, but I'm proud of you for soaking it all in anyways and remembering that he won't be this little forever. This too shall pass. And you shall miss it.

Even the baby puke. Of this I am convinced. Because it's just another memory that went along with him being so little. ;)

Yay, what great pics!!