Friday, December 4, 2009

house update


This is me. Standing in my kitchen.

{Did you notice it has walls? And lights? Trust me: this is very exciting...}

A bit of background: after buying the house and ripping out all the floors, we soon realized that about 60% of the walls and almost all the ceilings needed to be replaced. Yikes. So, we {and a boatload of sympathetic friends/family members} hung the drywall ourselves, and then brought in the pros to do the taping/mudding/sanding.

It sounds silly, but psychologically, it was tough to walk through our house when it didn't have walls. I mean, really: with a baby coming in under two months, it's a bit disheartening to see insulation and 2x4's everywhere. So last night, when we walked through our cozy little house and flipped on lights to reveal smooth. straight. pretty. walls... it was absolutely lovely :)

Next up? Lots and lots {and lots and lots...} of painting.

We're still waiting for the drywallers to finish mudding and sanding. So until then, I'm picking out paint colors, buying curtains, and celebrating our new walls by smooching Mr. G...

4 comments:

Chick Hatchers said...

Yippee! My hubby might be available some eves next week and for a while next weekend (after his dentist appt.) He can help paint or whatever. I'll have him call Mr. G.

Rochelle said...

oh how delightful!!!! :) so exciting! glad it is coming along!

Allie Cedras said...

Char, you are seriously the cutest pregnant woman I have ever seen!!! And I can't wait to see you in person!!! :)

Lexie G said...

Sherah,

I love your blog. I've become addicted. Stalker-ish one might say. Haha. Keep up the good work! You look adorable!

Your kinda-cousin,
Alex Garber