Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Peace.

I apologize for the lack of activity on my bloggity-blog. (The last set of pictures I took were at a volleyball match... and they didn't seem very blogabble...)

I've actually been a bit distracted by a certain book, Leif Enger's Peace Like a River. It's an amazing, incredible piece of literature (and I'm only 75 pages in!). Here's how good it is: the story itself is pretty depressing (and if you know me at all, you know that I avoid anything dark/scary/depressing like it's the bubonic plague), but the prose is so, so beautiful that it doesn't matter where the story's going. I just don't want it to end. I'm savoring it in small, fifteen-minute reading-bursts. It's really, really that great.

On another note... want to check out some sweet photography (and get your inner travel-bug stirred up)? Check out Bobby Earle's blog. He's a photographer based out in California, but he and his wife are currently on a trip to Thailand, where they'll be shooting a wedding. Reading his blog always makes me check to see how much flights to Europe are going for these days. (Honestly, forget the house downpayment, steady job, suburban life. I'm off to Paris. Seriously.)

3 comments:

CZ said...

Peace Like a River is the best book I've ever read and I'm not kidding. The story is amazing but the writing is unbelievable. Enjoy every minute of it. I just got So Brave, Young and Handsome, Enger's other novel. I can't wait to read it. I'm joining a blog book club of it.

Sherah said...

Ahhh! Makes me so excited to finish it!!!

Bobby Earle said...

You're way too sweet :)